Akouri Consulting Engineers (ACE) provides full Phase 1 and 2 Environmental Site Assessment In Miami Dade, Broward County, and Palm Beach County.
A Phase 1 and 2 Environmental Site Assessment is the gold standard for evaluating the environmental liability associated with a real estate asset. Phase I assessment include:
- Performance of an on-site visit to view present conditions (chemical spill residue);
- Hazardous substances or petroleum products usage (presence of above ground or underground storage tanks, storage of acids, etc.);
- Evaluate any likely environmentally hazardous site history;
- Evaluation of risks of neighboring properties upon the subject property;
- Review of Federal, State, Local and Tribal Records specified by the ASTM 1528 and AAI Standards;
- Interview of persons knowledgeable regarding the property history;
- Examine municipal or county planning files to check prior land usage and permits granted;
- Conduct file searches with public agencies (State water board, fire department, county health department, etc.);
- Examine historic aerial photography of the vicinity;
- Examine current USGS maps to scrutinize drainage patterns and topography; and
- Examine chain-of-title for Environmental Liens and/or Activity and Land Use Limitations (AULs).
ACE provides full Phase II Assessment package which identifies a report that usually contains the analysis of soil or water samples by a qualified laboratory for the concentration of known hazardous substances.
Why do i need to perform Phase II Assessment?
Banks are often more strict than government agencies on certain environmental issues, and a simple refinancing may involve a lender or an underwriter’s requirement for such a test on commercial property. An owner may also voluntarily order a report for due diligence based on advice or suspicion that a nearby activity may have affected his or her property.
Our Phase II services include:
- Soil sampling and soil gas surveys
- Surface water and sediment sampling
- Groundwater sampling
- Hydrogeologic interpretation and analysis
- Asbestos and lead paint sampling
- Hazardous materials and radon gas sampling
- Building materials testing
- Evaluation of areas of environmental concern
- Remedial action plans and remedial cost estimates
- Compliance with the American Society of Testing Materials Standard (ASTM 1903)
- Underground storage tanks
Prior existence of a hazard condition on property will affect the current value. Phase 1 careful checking may find no hazard or a simple cleanup. Success with no further action is usually the result of thoughtful planning and intelligent action.
Call us for Phase and Phase 2 Environmental Assessments and we guarantee competitive price and quality service.
Need advice or have a question?
Let our engineers handle your requests.
Or call 954.292.7314 for immediate help