Is your building over 40 years of age or older? Is it located in Miami-Dade or Broward ? You may be required to provide to the Local Building Department a safety inspection report or 40 years recertification prepared by a Professional Engineer/Architect.
You may have received notification or you may receive it at a later time this year. Please, call this office for an estimate to comply with this requirement.
Why to Hire Akouri Consulting?
Our licensed and qualified inspection team will visit your building. Once on-site we will perform a structural and electrical inspection as required by Miami Dade County and Broward County. We have been performing these inspections for longer than most other inspection companies, which allows us to provide this service not only at a reasonable price, but to keep your repair costs (if any) at a minimum. We are familiar with all the cities in South Florida and the staff is familiar with our company.
What is 40 Years Inspection?
The 40-Years Recertification program was designed to ensure the structural and electrical integrity of a building for its continued safe use. Each January a list of buildings meeting the program requirements are provided to the Building Officials from a data base that the Board of Rules and Appeals obtain from the County Property Appraiser’s Office. The program is then be administrated by City Building Department and a notification letter is sent. The owner of a building or structure shall then furnish within 90 days the required Safety Inspection forms to the Building Official prepared by an engineer or architect. In the event that repairs are necessary, the owner has 180 days from the date of the building inspection report in which to correct the structural and electrical deficiencies (if any) that pose an immediate threat to life safety.
Need advice or have a question?
Let our engineers handle your requests.
Or call our office 954.292.7314 for immediate help.
The 40-year recertification program has been a central focus of our operations since its inception in 2005. We have been diligently serving cities including Miami, Hollywood, Fort Lauderdale, and other communities within Miami Dade County and Broward County.
The 40-Year Recertification is almost out of the door and new recertifications have arrived with different requirements, you should be receiving notifications for 30 years of age and every 10 years thereafter Recertification or 25 years of age and every 10 years thereafter recertification if the building is located within three miles of a coastline.
Do you feel overwhelmed by all new safety regulations, or perhaps you’ve had repeated early inspections? Are you puzzled by various terms like the Florida Legislature Senate Bill 4-D, 40 years recertification, 30 years of age and every 10 years thereafter Recertification; 25 years of age and every 10 years thereafter recertification if the building is located within three miles of a coastline, phase one and two milestone inspections, and structural integrity reserve study? If these questions are causing confusion, look no further. We’re here to simplify the process for you.
For property owners in Dade and Broward County:
- If your building has less than 3 stories: No need to stress! Unless you receive a letter from the Local Building Department requesting electrical and structural recertification, you are free from the responsibility of milestone inspection phase 1 and 2 and the structural integrity reserve study. Simply follow the instructions from your Local Building Department if you receive a letter. Enjoy your property in sunny Florida, and save yourself the confusion of diving into the Florida Statute. Regrettably, we cannot offer our services to you at this moment. Thank you for visiting our site.
- If your building has three or more stories and you are here: Your property likely predates July 1, 2022. Therefore, the following applies to you:
- You are due for a structural integrity reserve study, which must be completed by December 2024.
- There’s no need to concern yourself with milestone inspection phase 1 and 2, as these are not required in your county.
- Don’t hire an engineering company for recertification unless you’ve received a notice from the Local Building Department.
However, be aware that you must repeat the structural integrity reserve study and recertification every 10 years.
For property owners in other counties:
- If your building has less than 3 stories, you are not required to comply with any regulations. Please stop searching the web and do not be concerned about any regulations. You are exempt from all of it.
- If your building has three or more stories: Congratulations! You now qualify for milestone phase 1 and phase 2 inspections if your building is 30 years of age, or 25 years of age if it’s within three miles of a coastline. If your property existed on or before July 1, 2022, you are due for a structural integrity reserve study. Unfortunately, just like the property owners in Dade and Broward counties, you must repeat the study and recertification every 10 years.
Tags: 40 years inspection Miami Fort Lauderdale, 40 years inspection services, forty years inspection in Hollywood FL, 40 years recertification Miami Dade